Sunday, October 21, 2018

Way Back Machine: I ran a marathon!

Way back in 2003, I ran a marathon! Honest! I ran the Baltimore Marathon on Oct. 17, 2003, in 7 hours, 26 mins and 49 seconds.

One of my friends posted this morning that she was watching the Baltimore Running Festival, and it threw me back 15 years to when I ran the marathon that was part of the same event. I actually trained for it over six months with the AIDS Marathon Training Program, and it was one of the most amazing things I've ever done.

It was also my first attempt at a blog. Of course, my domain no longer exists, but I saved the pages and had a wonderful time reading through my journey again... so I'm going to post them here as well.

I have to figure out how to do it because it was an actual web site with a lot of pages, but I'll post a link here when I'm done.

Meanwhile, here's my evidence that I truly DID finish a marathon!
(Psst, they let us start early, so add 30 minutes to the time.)

No comments: