Sunday, February 21, 2010

Kickin' the bucket... no, not that bucket!

I was lucky enough to go to the Westminster Kennel Club show last week. My preferred dog didn't win, but then, I really couldn't pin down just ONE dog that I wanted to win! :-) I had a WONDERFUL time and met at least 100 different dogs. Some were too buys working, some were sacked out, some were being silly, and one decided to lick me all over. Wow, what a dog fix! (I have to have those regularly or I go into cataplexy... luckily, there are a LOT of dogs in my neighborhood!) And yes, the pun was intended...

ANYWAY - I'll probably do another post about my ginormous dog fix later, but one of my friends reminded me of how lucky I was to be able to go to this show. And I realized that I'm kinda going through a bucket list of sorts.

So, I decided to start writing it down, and realized that sports are a large part of my life. And music. And traveling. And doing stupid things. And doing things for others. I think this is the start of something. I've already checked off the things I've already done at least once, but that doesn't mean I can't do them again!

I'm sure that my list will grow and change, but here it is so far, in no particular order...
  • Go to the Olympics:
    • Summer - http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?AssetID=ZA011179361033(Atlanta 1996)
    • Winter -
  • Go to Westminster Kennel Club show - http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?AssetID=ZA011179361033(2010)
  • Attend something amazing and historical on the Mall in DC - http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?AssetID=ZA011179361033(Bill Clinton Inauguration, Jan. 1993)
  • Run a marathon - http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?AssetID=ZA011179361033(Baltimore 2003)
  • See a Broadway show (on Broadway) - http://office.microsoft.com/global/images/default.aspx?AssetID=ZA011179361033(Spamalot, Lestat (awful!), Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Equus)
  • Go to the Stanley Cup finals
  • Go to the World Cup finals
  • Go to Wimbledon (the whole dang thing!)
  • Go to the Super Bowl
  • Go to the World Series
  • Sing the Messiah in a choir
  • Jump out of an airplane for no good reason
  • Play "Rhapsody in Blue" in concert, preferably at Carnegie Hall (Guess I have to finish learning the piece first!)
  • Hike the Appalachian Trail
  • See Elton John and Billy Joel play together
  • Go to Ireland, Scotland, Wales
  • Go to Australia & New Zealand
  • Take a cruise
  • Go to Canada
  • Visit every continent
  • Start a charity/non-profit
    • To help runaway teens
    • To help shelter animals
    • To feed the hungry
    • To clothe and house the homeless
    • To support our military personnel and their families
  • Shake hands with the President of the USA
  • Have a beer with Russell Crowe
  • Ride a roller coaster in every state that has one
  • Go back up Laan Tau and stay in Cabin #18
  • Record a song with my nephew
  • Stop crying at the ASPCA ads with Sarah McLaughlin's "Angel" playing... sob sob sob
  • Get a house with a huge yard so I can have about 10 dogs! (From the shelter, natch!)
p.s. Pics from my doggie weekend are here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your list. Think I'll start my own. Um .. you better not go to the super bowl without me! :-)