Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A purse is a purse is a purse

I saw somewhere recently that there's a blogger who asks people to send in pictures of what's in their purses.  My first responses:  "Are you flippin' CRAZY?" 


But then today I was looking for a pen.  I had one with black ink, but I needed one with some sort of color for contrast as I marked up my notes.  I reached over the desk to the cup in which I usually keep my pens and realized the contents were all dry-erase, Sharpies, pencils, straws (straws?) or scissors.  "Strange," I said to myself, "where have all my pens gone?"

I remembered putting a pen into my bag yesterday so I could do the crossword on the bus home -- because  I hadn't been able to find a pen on the morning ride.  So, I decided to search for a pen.  I dug and I dug, and then just up-ended my bag and found a pen...weellll, about 20 pens. All different colors.  Got your basic black, blue, and red, but also purple (4), teal, orange, green, and pink.  What's life without a little color???  ;-)

I also found about 8 different types of lip goop (including two Chapsticks, so I'm still the Chapstick Queen), three types of hand lotion, eye liner, and about six hair tie/clip thingies.  Not to mention two phones (one work cell and my old phone that doesn't work but has all my contacts on it... note the absence of my current cell phone... which is LOST!!! sob sob sob  I think it's on an island with a polar bear), a hairbrush, an umbrella, a book, a balsawood fan (engraved (etched?) with "Sara & Dan 06-26-10"  Awwww!), two newspapers, dental floss, a mirror, a notebook, allergy meds, hand sanitizer (2), two folded reusable grocery bags, a Clif bar, a phone headset, gum, nail clippers,  and a Metro card.


Wow.  Who knew how much crap you can fit into one bag?  I wonder what all of this says about me... Obsession with pens, and hair... and who knew I used so much lip goop? 

Now as I leave the office, I'm going to put everything back in the bag, add a bottle of water and head on away hame, as my Scottish friend would say...


So have a lovely day!

1 comment:

rachaelgking said...

I just wanted to say that your comment on DC Blogs today made my life. Let's be friends.