Monday, July 26, 2010

Mom

I was cleaning my house (and saw pigs flying outside my window) and found my old Creative Writing folder.  There was one thing I wanted to find and was very pleased to do so.  It was an assignment to write something about someone you admired, and I wrote it about my Mom.  This might have been written 15 years ago, but it all still applies! :-)

Mom (September, 1995)

She is a short, silver-haired dynamo.  She walks very fast and with a slight lean forward, as if her legs just don't move fast enough for her.  She has an unwrinkled face with sparkling blue eyes and a bright, pink-lipped smile, and a ready laugh.  Somehow the cloud of white hair doesn't match the youth and personality shining through her.

What is her secret? "I enjoy life! I believe that if you greet each day with a smile, you can't go wrong.  I also truly believe that the more you give, the more you get. I have lived a full life, a life full of joy and sorrow, but the Lord has blessed me with the ability to accept the sorrows and celebrate the joys -- this keeps me young!"

2 comments:

Emily Grace said...

I loved this! You just captured her so well. If only there was something about freestyle-rapping or moon-walking or standing on her head... :)

Giggles said...

Hahahahaha! Now see, that's for YOUR bit on my mom! ;-)