Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Something I Ate Today

For lunch today I decided to walk somewhere and get something decent that was not Au Bon Pain.  And then I went outside.  Without a coat.  It's COLD!  So, I walked the two seconds it takes to get to Au Bon Pain, thoroughly intent on getting the soup mixture I tend to devour on a regular basis:  chicken noodle (without all the broth) and a topping of broccoli/cheddar.  Add some crumbled crackers and it's fantastic!  And warm!  And yummy!  (OK, enough enthusiasm...)


But - I'm a little tired of that concoction because I tend to have it 2-3 times a week.  And then I saw... Macaroni & Cheese!  *swoon*  So, yes, I decided on a (small) cup of Mac & Cheese, grabbed an apple for something healthy and went back up to the office "café " for a nice comfort-foodie type lunch.  So I'm sitting there eating my low-fat Mac & Cheese (believe that?  got a bridge I wanna sell ya!) with my caffeine-free Diet Coke (it all balances out), when one of my friends pulls out this huge platter from the refrigerator.


"What's that?"

"Huh?  Oh, it's leftover cheese platter from a party the other day!"

"Hum.  Wouldn't it be all hard and icky by now?"

"Mrpmph..  nomph, iss priddy good!"


Uh oh.  So yes, for lunch yesterday, I had Macaroni & Cheese, with a cheese chaser!  (Heck, it was good cheese!  Mozzarella, cheddar, Swiss, monkey jack, and mmmmm smoked Gouda!  And grapes!)


Yes, I did eat the apple and grapes as well, so it was a very nicely balanced meal... right?

No comments: